- What is a Dedicated Node?
- Billing & Pricing
- GPU Support
Dedicated nodes are 3Nodes that can be reserved and rented entirely by one user. The user can thus reserve an entire node and use it exclusively to deploy solutions. This feature is ideal for users who want to host heavy deployments with the benefits of high reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Node reserved with deploying a
RentContracton this node. node can has only one rentContract.
- When a user create a RentContract against a node, the grid validate that there are no other active contracts on that node on the creation.
- Once a RentContract is created, the grid can only accept contracts on this node from the tenant.
- Only workloads from the tenant are accepted
- Once a node is rented, there is a fixed charge billed to the tenant regardless of deployed workloads.
- Any subsequent NodeContract deployed on a node where a rentContract is active (and the same user is creating the nodeContracts) can be excluded from billing (apart from public ip and network usage).
- Received Discounts for renting a node on TFGrid internet capacity
- 50% for dedicated node (TF Pricing policies)
- a second level discount up to 60% for balance level see Discount Levels
See list of all dedicated node on
Dedicated Nodestab on the portal.
Hover over the price to see the applied discounts
Expand row to see more info on the node:
- Possible Public Ips this depends on the farm it belongs to
You can see the nodes in 3 states:
- Reserved Owned by current twin
- Taken Owned by another twin
Reserve a node:
If node is not rented by another twin you can simply click reserve.
Type your password on the polkadot pop up window.
Wait for the pop up message said
Unreserve a node:
- Simply as reserving but another check will be done to check you don't have any active workloads on the node before unreserving.
To use a GPU on the TFGrid, users need to rent a dedicated node. Once they have rented a dedicated node equipped with a GPU, users can deploy workloads on their dedicated GPU node.
You can filter and reserve a GPU node using the Dedicated Nodes section of the Portal.
- Filter nodes using the vendor name
- In Filters, select GPU's vendor name
- A new window will appear below named GPU'S VENDOR NAME
- Write the name of the vendor desired (e.g. nvidia, amd)
- Filter nodes using the device name
- In Filters, select GPU's device name
- A new window will appear below named GPU'S DEVICE NAME
- Write the name of the device desired (e.g. GT218)
When you have decided which node to reserve, click on Reserve under the column named Actions. Once you've rented a dedicated node that has a GPU, you can deploy GPU workloads.
The ThreeFold Manual covers many ways to use a GPU node on the TFGrid. A good place to start would be the Full VM and GPU documentation.
Feel free to explore the different possibilities!